About RYLA District 5040
RYLA is a multi-day Camp designed to help young people build character, leadership and good citizenship. Young people who have demonstrated leadership and community service are awarded the opportunity to attend a RYLA Camp. Participants are selected and sponsored by a participating Rotary club, which cover all expenses.
RYLA emphasizes leadership, citizenship, and personal growth, and aims to:
● Demonstrate Rotary’s respect and concern for youth.
● Provide an effective training experience for selected youth leaders.
● Encourage leadership of youth by youth.
● Publicly recognize young people who are rendering service to their communities.
Value of RYLA for Rotary Clubs
RYLA not only benefits the participants, but also Rotary club members known as “Rotarians”. RYLA helps Rotarians connect with promising young leaders in their community. Rotarians serve as mentors for participants on the path to becoming community and professional leaders. In turn, RYLA can bring new energy to a Rotary Club or district, inspire innovative ideas for service, increase support of community service projects and develop future Rotarians.
Benefits of RYLA sponsorship:
● enables every Rotary Club to acknowledge leadership and service to the community of two or more young people annually.
● enthuses young leaders and provides them with valuable leadership techniques.
● exposes a large number of young people, their families and their peer groups, to Rotary ideals of service.
● is a complementary program to other Rotary youth activities such as Interact and Youth Exchange and has been instrumental in the formation of Rotaract Clubs.
Visit the FAQ page to learn more about sponsoring a RYLA participant.
District 5040 Chairs
Lynda - RYLA 5040 Chair
Lynda is a member of the Rotary Club of Squamish and has been involved in the RYLA program for over 5 years. She is the District RYLA Chair overseeing 3 RYLA programs in District 5040.
Brian - RYLA Lakelse Director
Brian is a member of the Rotary Club of Terrace and has been involved in RYLA for close to 10 years mainly in logistics.
Toni - RYLA North Director
Toni is a member of the Rotary Club of Prince George and has been involved in RYLA for over 5 years.
James - RYLA South Director
James is a member of the Rotary Club of Vancouver Sunrise and has been co-director of RYLA South for 8 years.
Julia - RYLA South Director
Julia is a Rotaractor with North Shore Rotaract Club and has been co-director of RYLA South for 5 Years.
Find Out More About The Benefits of RYLA
Discover just a few of the benefits of pariticpating in a RYLA Camp.
See our cirriculum for more information