RYLA Lakelse is a Rotary sponsored leadership and personal development training camp for Grade 8-10 students who have a desire to make their school and community a better place. RYLA gives young people the opportunity to create and carry out projects that exemplify Rotary’s “Service Above Self”, while making new friends!
The 3-day camp teaches leadership and personal development skills, while instilling the Rotary ideal of high ethical standards. Leadership concepts and skills are explored through participatory activities that include:
● Trust and team-building exercises.
● Problem solving and conflict management activities.
● Self-confidence and self-esteem development.
● Group discussions, self-reflection and team debriefing sessions.
● Indoor / outdoor activities including Dragon Boating.
● Workshops on additional opportunities through other Rotary Youth Programs.
Students who have expressed interest in leadership and community service are encouraged to apply.
● Reside in Rotary International District 5040 (British Columbia, Canada).
● Be selected for sponsorship by a participating Rotary Club.
● Be in grades 8, 9 or 10 at time of registration.
● Express interest in leadership and community service.
● If selected, must be available to attend ALL camp dates.
DATE: July 6th to 9th, 2017
LOCATION: Hendry Homestead, Terrace, BC
ACCOMMODATION: Participants are housed in tents outdoors
TRANSPORTATION TO AND FROM: Provided by sponsoring Rotary Club
SPONSORING ROTARY CLUBS
Are you a Rotarian or Rotary Club interested in sponsoring a student to attend RYLA Lakelse? Please visit our FAQ page, and then email the RYLA Lakelse Director to learn more about sponsorship information.
Registration information will be sent to all clubs in early March via email.
March 1 to May 1
May 1 to May 31
RYLA Lakelse Director: Lynda Rocha
Camp limited to 30 students.