RYLA South is for grade 10-12 students looking for an intensive leadership and personal development training program. RYLA South’s goal is to provide participants with the skills they need to navigate their way through the challenges teens encounter in their formative years.
The 4-day camp consists of interactive workshops, teambuilding exercises, presentations from professional speakers, hands on service projects and many other fun activities!
RYLA South provides opportunities to:
● Build on leadership skills, as an individual and as a team player.
● Increase selfconfidence and selfesteem.
● Learn about personal and professional responsibility.
● Understand the importance of effective communication skills.
● Develop problem solving and conflict management skills.
● Make new friends while having fun.
● Meet community leaders and mentors.
● Learn about other Rotary Youth Programs.
● Reside in Rotary International District 5040 (British Columbia, Canada).
● Be selected for sponsorship by a participating Rotary club.
● Be in grade 10, 11 or 12 at time of registration.
● Demonstrate leadership and community service.
● If selected, must be available to attend ALL camp dates.
RYLA South 2017 Camp Information:
Registration is open from December 1st, 2017 to March 1st, 2018. To register participants for RYLA South please contact your local District 5040 Rotary Club or the RYLA South Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
YMCA’s Camp Elphinstone
1760 YMCA Road
Gibsons, BC V0N 1V6
To learn more about Camp Elphinstone, visit http://www.vanymca.org/camps/
Participant Start / End Times:
The camp begins on Friday, March 30th and concludes on Monday, April 2nd, 2018 (Easter Long Weekend). Participants must attend ALL camp dates and are not permitted to arrive late or leave early.
Transportation To / From The Camp:
Each participant is responsible for transportation to / from the camp arrival / departure location. If you need assistance, contact your sponsoring Rotary club or the RYLA South Director.