About RYLA LAKELSE
(AGES 14 -16)
RYLA Lakelse is a Rotary sponsored leadership and personal development training camp for students aged 14-16 who have a desire to make their school and community a better place. RYLA gives young people the opportunity to create and carry out projects that exemplify Rotary’s “Service Above Self”, while making new friends!
The 3-day camp teaches leadership and personal development skills, while instilling the Rotary ideal of high ethical standards. Leadership concepts and skills are explored through participatory activities that include:
● Trust and team-building exercises.
● Problem solving and conflict management activities.
● Self-confidence and self-esteem development.
● Group discussions, self-reflection and team debriefing sessions.
● Indoor / outdoor activities including Dragon Boating.
● Workshops on additional opportunities through other Rotary Youth Programs.
Value of RYLA for Rotary Clubs
RYLA not only benefits the participants, but also Rotary club members known as “Rotarians”. RYLA helps Rotarians connect with promising young leaders in their community. Rotarians serve as mentors for participants on the path to becoming community and professional leaders. In turn, RYLA can bring new energy to a Rotary club or district, inspire innovative ideas for service, increase support of community service projects and develop future Rotarians.
Benefits of RYLA sponsorship:
● Enables every Rotary club to acknowledge leadership and service to the community of two or more young people annually.
● Enthuses young leaders and provides them with valuable leadership techniques.
● Exposes a large number of young people, their families and their peer groups, to Rotary ideals of service.
● Is a complementary program to other Rotary youth activities such as Interact and Youth Exchange and has been instrumental in the formation of Rotaract clubs.
Visit the FAQ page to learn more about sponsoring a RYLA participant.
Find Out More About The Benefits of RYLA
Discover just a few of the benefits of pariticpating in a RYLA camp.
See our cirriculum for more information.