What do RYLA participants learn?
Participants take part in a variety of activities including group workshops, team-building exercises and debrief sessions facilitated by RYLA staff. Speakers in business, government and education are invited to share their personal journeys and inspire future leaders. In addition, participants take part in outdoor and social activities which could include Dragon Boating, kayaking, team skits, a variety show and random dance parties!
RYLA’s core curriculum includes:
- Fundamentals of leadership.
- Leadership ethics and the four-way test.
- Importance of communication skills in effective leadership.
- Conflict management and problem solving.
- Building self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Elements of community and global citizenship.
- Rotary’s purpose of service to the community and world.
RYLA brings together a diverse fellowship of emerging youth leaders from across the province. RYLA gives like-minded youth the opportunity to discuss important ethical and social issues facing their generation. Participants leave RYLA with the tools and motivation needed to make a difference in their local and global communities. Most “RYLArians” agree, RYLA is a life-changing experience. Don’t miss out on this opportunity!