About RYLA SOUTH
RYLA South is for ages 16-18 looking for an intensive leadership and personal development training program. RYLA South’s goal is to provide participants with the skills they need to navigate their way through the challenges teens encounter in their formative years.
The 4-day camp consists of interactive workshops, teambuilding exercises, presentations from professional speakers, hands on service projects and many other fun activities!
RYLA South provides opportunities to:
● Build on leadership skills, as an individual and as a team player.
● Increase selfconfidence and selfesteem.
● Learn about personal and professional responsibility.
● Understand the importance of effective communication skills.
● Develop problem solving and conflict management skills.
● Make new friends while having fun.
● Meet community leaders and mentors.
● Learn about other Rotary Youth Programs.
Value of RYLA for Rotary Clubs
RYLA not only benefits the participants, but also Rotary club members known as “Rotarians”. RYLA helps Rotarians connect with promising young leaders in their community. Rotarians serve as mentors for participants on the path to becoming community and professional leaders. In turn, RYLA can bring new energy to a Rotary club or district, inspire innovative ideas for service, increase support of community service projects and develop future Rotarians.
Benefits of RYLA sponsorship:
● Enables every Rotary Club to acknowledge leadership and service to the community of two or more young people annually.
● Enthuses young leaders and provides them with valuable leadership techniques.
● Exposes a large number of young people, their families and their peer groups, to Rotary ideals of service.
● Is a complementary program to other Rotary youth activities such as Interact and Youth Exchange and has been instrumental in the formation of Rotaract Clubs.